Each year the Joplin Area Catholic School system recognizes an educator within our schools who:
- is a full-time, certified teacher and has completed a minimum of two years teaching in JACS.
- exhibits the ability to form positive relationships with students, parents, and staff.
- goes above and beyond in inspiring students to learn, always emphasizing our mission of developing faith-filled disciples
- continually seeks professional development to enhance and improve teaching
- has the respect and admiration of students, parents, and colleagues.
Upon receiving nominations, the JACS Advisory Board selects the winner, who is announced at the all-schools mass during Catholic Schools’ Week. We are pleased to share our Educator of the Year winners with you.
Educator of the Year Winners
2021-2022: Annette Taylor (’88) | Drew Fethers (’97)
2020-2021: Emily Lone (’99) | Heidi Gardner
2019-2020: Amanda Walker
2018-2019: Debi Staton
2017-2018: Margie Black
Nominations are typically in October with the deadline in December. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain a nomination form.