What is Scrip?
Scrip is a gift card resale program the Joplin Area Catholic School’s families and friends can participate in online and in person. The gift cards are worth exactly what you pay for them but by purchasing them through JACS, you generate revenue that can be used for tuition and for support of the school. Instead of paying with cash or credit, you use gift cards purchased through Scrip and earn money for your school by purchasing regular household items.
JACS SCRIP Information
Participate in this fundraiser for our school system:
- Direct Purchase from the available inventory at the McAuley school office or after the Masses at St. Peter’s, St. Mary’s or Sacred Heart parishes using an order form
- Place an order online with shopwithscrip.com. (see instructions below)
- Below are the Guidelines for each type of purchase.
- Scrip Coordinator: Christy Jones
- Direct Purchase – Stop by the McAuley school office during school hours or stop at the designated Scrip Area of either St. Peter’s or Sacred Heart parishes after Mass to purchase Scrip Cards from their existing inventory of gift cards. In order to receive credit in the incentive program, you must use www.shopwithscrip.com for proper tracking. Payment can be made with cash or check or with Presto Pay for online orders (see #3 below). Not all merchant cards are kept in inventory. If needing a different merchant, please see #2 or #3 below for your purchase.
- Orders – Fill out a Scrip Order Form and return to the McAuley school office by 11AM on Mondays. Scrip order forms are available in the Scrip boxes however the current participating retailers can be found online at www.shopwithscrip.com . Orders will be distributed and available for pick-up on Fridays after 2 PM. Generally, parents at St. Mary’s School will receive their order in their Communicator on Friday. If you order through McAuley’s office, then be sure to put your student’s name on it so we can get the card to you through them. Otherwise, ordered cards will be put in the McAuley Scrip box and can be picked up during school hours or after Masses at either St. Peter’s or Sacred Heart Churches.
- Online Ordering – Place your order online with www.shopwithscrip.com
You must have internet access and an e-mail address to be able to use it. This will allow you to register your family as part of the Joplin Area Catholic Schools fundraising efforts and place your orders online at your convenience. The code for the JACS system is: 12C43A4B7444. You will need this code when you register.
- Payment for orders online can be made by dropping off your check or cash at any school office by 11a.m. Monday, or you have the option of using PRESTO PAY to pay for Scrip as well. Presto Pay uses the safe, reliable NACHA electronic fund transfer system. You simply verify your checking account information one time in a secure site. Your account number will be verified and then you can log on and have your Scrip payment electronically deducted from your checking account. There is a $.15 fee per order for this service but it does eliminate the need for you to drop a check off with the school office. It is also a great option for those who wish to participate from long distance with Shop Now! To use Presto Pay, you must have an account with PrestoPay. To establish your account, just click on the PrestoPay menu item on the sidebar of Scrip website, and follow the instructions.
- You can Reload a card purchased through Scrip or buy and print an ecertificate (SHOPNow!) using Presto Pay.
- After payment has been made, either through Presto Pay or with cash or check through a school office, your order will be placed by the Scrip program coordinator and will be delivered on Friday.
- Purchase Scrip via MyScripWallet the Scrip mobile app. Log in to www.shopwithscrip.com via your mobile device and download the app. Payment through this app can only be done by Presto Pay. To use Presto Pay follow the instructions above.
- Recruit “team members” for your family. Establish a group of friends or family who purchase gift cards through you. When completing forms, be sure the FAMILY NAME section states your name. There is another area for the person ordering the cards to complete their information.
- When using this recruitment option for online orders, you should contact the Scrip Coordinator to register your team member with your Family Name.
St. Mary's Elementary School
3025 South Central City Road
Joplin, MO 64804
St. Peter's Middle School
931 South Byers Avenue
Joplin, MO 64801
McAuley Catholic High School
930 South Pearl Avenue
Joplin, MO 64801