The Catholic parishes of the Joplin, Missouri, area are seeking a coordinator of youth ministry (CYM) to serve the youth ministry teams of these parishes. The successful candidate will provide vision and coordination to identify, train, and support parish leadership teams of youth and adults who, together with existing parish communities, will implement the three goals and eight components of youth ministry, as found in Renewing the vision: A Framework for Catholic Youth Ministry, USCCB, 1997, and assist pastors and parishes in the development of a broader vision for implementation of the New Evangelization, especially to youth. Interested persons please submit a resume to Georgiana L. McGriff, Joplin Area Catholic Schools at email@example.com.
COORDINATOR OF YOUTH MINISTRY– JOB DESCRIPTION
The primary and distinct mission of the Springfield/Cape Girardeau Office of Youth Ministry is to serve the formation needs of adult youth ministers and youth leaders. These needs are identified and met through programs and services offered in six key areas of leadership: Advocacy, Training, Consultation, Resourcing, Coordination/Networking, and Direct Services. By enabling the adults and youth to be more effective in their roles as leaders, the Office of Youth Ministry seeks to facilitate the building of comprehensive youth ministry programs, built on the principles outlined in Renewing the Vision. (http://dioscg.org)
To support this mission of our diocese, the parishes of St. Mary and St. Peter the Apostle in Joplin, Sacred Heart in Webb City, and St. Ann in Carthage are seeking a coordinator of youth ministry (CYM) to serve junior and senior high school-age (grades 7-12) students. The successful candidate will:
- Provide vision and coordination to identify, train, and support parish leadership teams of youth and adults who, together with existing parish communities, will implement the three goals and eight components of youth ministry, as found in Renewing the Vision: A Framework for Catholic Youth Ministry, USCCB, 1997.
- To empower young people to live as disciples of Jesus Christ in our world today.
- To draw young people to responsible participation in the life, mission, and work of the faith community.
- To foster the t
otal personal and spiritual growth of each young person.
- Community Life
- Justice and Service
- Leadership Development
- Pastoral Care
- Prayer and Worship
- Coordinate the catechetical efforts, including Confirmation for adolescents utilizing a comprehensive youth ministry model.
- Utilize effective means of communicating with area youth leaders, youth, their parents and families about the variety of ministry and program opportunities available.
- Support and resource parents as the leaders of the domestic church of the home and the primary formers of the faith of their children.
- Serve as the liaison with diocesan youth ministry staff.
- Invite, train, motivate, and advise youth leaders and volunteers in faith formation.
- Develop and maintain a budget approved by area pastors.
- Participate in parish planning/staff meetings.
- Be a resource to parish staffs on issues related to youth and youth ministry.
- Be a presence in the parish community through liturgical and social activities.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement weekend retreats and evenings for prayer and reflection.
- Coordinate events for all Catholic youth in Region I to share in faith activities.
- Active member of a Catholic parish faith community able to participate in the sacraments of the Church
- Successful completion of the Safe Environment/Virtus process
- Experience in youth ministry
- Ability to relate equally well with youth and adults in the faith community
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Religious Education or Theology or National Credential in Youth Ministry or background in theology with a willingness to move toward credential or degree.
- Basic computer skills