St. Mary’s Catholic Schools Week 2023
Hearts Afire with Love
Love overcomes, love delights, those who love the Sacred Hearts rejoice
Sunday, January 29: Our Love for our Parishes
- Faith Event: Attending Mass with our family
- Students wear school uniforms to Mass, families speak at weekend Masses
- Mary’s Youth Group Breakfast from 8:30-9:30 a.m. in Parish Hall
Monday, January 30: Our Love for our Nation
- Dress Theme: Patriotic red, white, and blue**
- Faith Event: End of Day Prayers and Songs at the St. Mary’s flagpole for students, parents, and faculty and staff starting at 2:15 p.m. (will be held in the cafeteria if weather dictates)
- Student-made Valentines will be sent to the NW Arkansas VA Hospital and the Joplin-area VA Center.
Tuesday, January 31: Our Love for Vocations
- Dress Theme: Uniform Dress
- Faith Event: All School Mass at St. Mary’s with Bishop Rice, 1:30 p.m. Parents may sign students out after Mass, but must pick up from the school office. Normal school dismissal at 3:10 p.m.
- Mary’s Spelling Bee, 9:00 a.m. in Commons
- Classroom visits with Joplin-area religious with open invitation to enjoy lunch with the students
- Students will write thank you letters in class to religious and present them during their school visit.
Wednesday, February 1: Our Love for our Community
- Dress Theme: Class Color Day
- Faith Event: Rosary in Church, 9:00 a.m.
- Pastries with Parents in the Cafeteria from 7:30-8:00 a.m. Home and School organizes with St. Mary’s faculty and staff serving.
- Classrooms help prepare Valentine sacks for residents at Communities of Wildwood at Westgate in the afternoon
- Class Buddies-each class will spend time playing games or reading with an assigned buddy class.
Thursday, February 2: Our Love for our Faculty and Staff
- Dress Theme: Mismatch Clothes and Wacky Hair Day
- Faith Event: Adoration for Kindergarten-5th Grades
- Home and School’s Faculty/Staff Appreciation Lunch with extended lunchtime
- School-wide Rock, Paper, Scissors Contest, 2:00 p.m. in cafeteria
Friday, February 3: Our Love for our Students
- Dress Theme: Comfy Clothing Day (pjs, sweats, etc.)
- Faith Event: Divine Mercy Chaplet, 9:00 a.m.
- Special Lunch Treat!
- Afternoon movies in each classroom with snacks
Saturday, February 4: Our Love for our Families
- Plan something special to do as a family centered around faithful service (make a card for a family member, bake cookies or write sidewalk chalk messages for neighbors, help a parent and/or sibling with a task).
**Themed days (Monday, Wednesday-Friday) are NOT Free Dress Days. Participating students should wear the daily theme with jeans or bottoms that match the theme. Students who do not participate should wear uniform clothing to school.