McAuley Student Life
- Campus Ministry: Meets twice a month to promote faith and fellowship on our campus. Events such as morning worship, community service activities and breakfasts for our student population are organized.
- Cheerleading: Open to students 9-12 grade, students cheer throughout the basketball season.
- Future Business Leaders of America: Aimed to encourage the business mindset and growth of a student, FBLA participates in competitions including districts, state and even nationals each year.
- National Art Honor Society: The National Art Honor Society is a program that inspires and recognizes students with an outstanding ability and keen interest in the visual arts. Student members complete 10 hours of artistic community service, participate in at least 3 NAHS projects, activities or fundraisers and maintain a 2.5 GPA cumulative each year.
- National English Honor Society: The National English Honor Society (NEHS), founded and sponsored by Sigma Tau Delta, is the only international organization exclusively for high school students and faculty who, in the field of English, merit special note for past and current accomplishment. To be inducted into the McAuley Carpe Diem Chapter, students must be enrolled or have taken an advanced English course, maintain a 3.5 GPA, and have no less than a 3.0 in English.
- National Honor Society: The National Honor Society is a prestigious national organization sponsored by the National Association of Secondary Principals. The purpose of the National Honor Society is to recognize and promote exemplary scholarship, service, leadership, and character in high school students. To be inducted, students must attain and maintain a 3.75 GPA and show qualities of service, leadership, and character. Our chapter is proud to have been inducting new members since 1966.
- National Spanish Honor Society: The Spanish Honor Society was founded by the American Association of Teachers of Spanish and Portuguese in 1953 for the students of North American secondary schools; this chapter is due to the efforts of McAuley Catholic High School who established it in 2013.The name of this chapter is Los Guerreros Aztecas. Students must have a 3.0 GPA and be enrolled in Spanish III.
- Scholar Bowl: Students participate in meets against other 1A schools in the area. Meets occur once a month and practice is once a week during lunch.
- Show Choir: Students compete in local competitions to showcase their vocal abilities.
- Student Council: Students elect representatives from each class who plan various activities for the school.
- Students Against Destructive Decisions: An organization based on active youth participation to positively improve the health and safety of peers.
- Theatre: Students perform in main stage two productions, and compete in one act plays as well.
- Yearbook: Students take photos and put together the annual yearbook, which has won national awards.
- Athletics: Coach Mike Howard is the JACS athletic director. The following competitive sports are offered at JACS:
- High school boys’- cross country, soccer, basketball, baseball, golf and track
- High school girls’ – cross country, volleyball, softball, basketball and soccer
St. Mary's Elementary School
3025 South Central City Road
Joplin, MO 64804
St. Peter's Middle School
931 South Byers Avenue
Joplin, MO 64801
McAuley Catholic High School
930 South Pearl Avenue
Joplin, MO 64801