St. Mary’s FAQ’s
- Q: What is your tuition?
- A: You can review our fee schedule by clicking this link: Tuition/Fee Schedule 2019-2020 If you have any questions, please call our business office at 417-623-5003 or email email@example.com.
- Q: How do I schedule a tour?
- A: Thank you for your interest in JACS! Personal tours are offered to prospective families throughout the year upon request. Our tours are a great way for families to become familiar with our campus, academic and other opportunities. A tour opportunity will allow you to get a sense of class size, hear sounds from our music room, see application of technology, see our recreational playground, step into our library and beyond.
- A: Students are welcome and encouraged to attend the tours with their parents. Should you have any questions or would like to schedule a tour, please contact the school office of the school you would like to tour.
- St. Mary’s school office at 417-623-1465
- St. Peter’s school office at 417-624-5605
- McAuley school office at 417-624-9320
To reach one of the administrators listed below:
- PS-5 Principal Mrs. Joanne Lown ~ firstname.lastname@example.org
- 6-12 Principal Dr. Emily Yoakam ~ email@example.com
We look forward to seeing you!
- Q: Does my child have to be Catholic to attend?
- A: No. We accept students of all religious backgrounds.
- Q: Do you have scholarships-how do I apply-how do scholarships work?
- A: We do offer limited scholarships. We offer partial scholarships to multiple families to ensure more children can enjoy the benefits of a JACS education.
- Q: May I have lunch with my child?
- A: Yes, you may eat lunch with your child. Be sure to give the office at least a 24-hour notice. Guest lunch fee is $3.75. Please pay in the office prior to eating lunch.
- Q: Do you have Before and After School Care?
- A: St. Mary’s Catholic School provides parents the option of supervised care before and after each regular school day. Our VIRTUS trained staff work closely with Administration to ensure a fun, safe, and enriching experience for all participating students.
- Morning Care:
- PS-5th grade students may start arriving at 7:30 a.m. for supervised care.
- After School Care:
- Parents may enroll students in our after-school program as needed. Students are supervised by staff members and have the opportunity to work on homework, mentor younger students, play inside, and play on the playground. All students must be picked up no later than 5:30 p.m.
- St. Mary’s K-5 After School Care Fees are:
- $5 per day until 4:30 p.m.
- $9 per day until 5:30 p.m.
- $10 late fee per 15 minutes
- Q: When are liturgies celebrated?
- A: Liturgies are typically celebrated on Friday mornings at 8:30 a.m. at St. Mary’s Catholic Church. Parents and family members are welcome to join us. There are a few times throughout the year where the times change, and parents are alerted with The Communicator each week.
- Q: How do we call in absences?
- A: If your child will be absent or late, please call us at 417-623-1465 before 8 a.m. that day.
- Q: What if I have to pick my child up for an appointment?
- A: Parents or guardians have to come into the school office to sign their child out. Upon returning to school, students must stop in the office to sign in and pick up an “Admit to Class” slip.
- Q: What about homework for sick days?
- A: When a student is absent, we can arrange for the teacher to send homework to the office for you to pick up at the end of the day.
- Q: What are teachers’ e-mail addresses?
- A: You can contact a teacher via e-mail using their first initial and last name @jacss.org (Example Joe Smith – firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Q: What if my child needs medication?
- A: Both prescription and non-prescription medication require a signed form to be kept in the school office. These forms are available in the school office. Medication must be in the original container and must be kept in the office (with the exception of inhalers).
- Q: What kind of regular communication will we receive?
- A: Each Friday, a home communication folder will be sent home with important items and The Communicator is emailed out to parents.
- Q: Are there opportunities for parents to volunteer?
- A: Yes – many. In the family folders in the beginning of the school year, there will be a form to sign up for ongoing volunteer opportunities during the year. Volunteers are also needed occasionally for special activities during the school year. Information is sent to families in the newsletters and weekly family envelopes when these opportunities come up.
St. Mary's Elementary School
3025 South Central City Road
Joplin, MO 64804
St. Peter's Middle School
931 South Byers Avenue
Joplin, MO 64801
McAuley Catholic High School
930 South Pearl Avenue
Joplin, MO 64801