St. Peter’s Student Life
- Campus Ministry: St. Peter’s Campus Ministry fulfills the JACS mission by continuing the mercy value of stewardship and service. We do service projects for the middle school, Outreach House, Watered Gardens, Children’s Haven, Bishops Intentions, food drives, and more. We collect items, provide toiletries, work, and create. Usually, any materials needed are donated. We have approximately 6 members and we meet on Mondays during lunch.
- Cheerleading: St. Peter’s Cheerleaders promote school spirit both during games and in school. We support the student athletes and cheer for boys and girls basketball. We strive to uphold and demonstrate Catholic Christian values throughout athletic competitions as well as academic classrooms. We are active, productive members of the school community. Practices are twice a week for approximately two hours beginning in October. They are usually held at St. Peter’s Middle School. We need to raise about $500 per season. This is done through bake sales and corporate fundraisers such as selling Texas Roadhouse rolls. We raised about $950 from selling rolls and used the money on new uniforms, hair bows, and locker treats for student athletes. Funds are deposited through the St. Peter’s office.
- Choir: St. Peter’s Choir enhances worship and allows students to express musically their sense of worship while leading the congregation. We fulfill the JACS mission by praising God, bringing forth gifts, and serving others. Any St. Peter’s student is allowed to join and we usually have 12-22. Meetings are held in Sr. Joan’s classroom on Mondays during homeroom. We sing at Mass about every six weeks and perform Halloween songs and Christmas carols for the Outreach House. We do not raise any funds.
- Eighth Grade Class: Throughout the 8th grade school year, we at St. Peter’s Middle School plan many fundraising activities specifically geared to benefit the future 8th grade class. The students run the concessions for McAuley Senior Volleyball and Basketball Night. We promote a babysitting night during Christmas so parents can finish their shopping. We help at Munch Madness selling soda. The money collected throughout the year helps pay for the class trip and class t-shirt.
- National Junior Honor Society: The National Junior Honor Society is the nation’s premier organization established to recognize outstanding middle level students. More than just an honor roll, NJHS serves to honor those students who have demonstrated excellence in the areas of scholarship, service, leadership, character, and citizenship. Chapter membership not only recognizes students for their accomplishments, but challenges them to develop further through active involvement in school activities and community service.
- Quiz Bowl: St. Peter’s Quiz Bowl competes in five meets a year. We get to demonstrate our knowledge and show a well-rounded education. We practice during lunch and usually have about 15 students that participate. Generally, we need about $200 per season.
- Student Council: Student Council is an organization conducted by students and supervised by Mrs. Gardner. The purpose of the student council is to give students the opportunity to develop leadership by organizing and carrying out school activities and service projects. In addition to planning events that contribute to school spirit and community welfare, the student council is the voice of the student body. They help share student ideas, interests, and concerns with the school wide community. The function of the student council is based upon parliamentary procedures. Ideas are presented, voted upon, and confirmed by the student body president. Any student that is interested in leadership, organizational behavior, event planning, or becoming more involved in the school are welcome to become involved.
St. Mary's Elementary School
3025 South Central City Road
Joplin, MO 64804
St. Peter's Middle School
931 South Byers Avenue
Joplin, MO 64801
McAuley Catholic High School
930 South Pearl Avenue
Joplin, MO 64801