St. Mary’s Catholic Schools Week 2021
Discover the Magic of Catholic Schools
Download the PDF of events or view them below.
Sunday: Celebrating our Parishes
- JACS faculty members speak at weekend Masses- St. Mary’s Faculty to speak at St. Mary’s weekend Masses
- Mary’s Youth Group will be serving “Breakfast Burritos To Go” after the 8:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. Masses. A sign-up sheet is at the back of St. Mary’s Church, pick up or drive-thru options are available. See Friday, January 22 Communicator Newsletter for more information.
Monday: Celebrating our Students
- Dress Theme: Comfy Clothing Day (pjs, sweats, etc.)
- Students asked to bring a new set of pajamas or monetary donation to support Project Jammies, a Joplin-based non-profit founded by a former St. Mary’s student which donates pajamas to children staying in Missouri hospitals
- Afternoon movies in each classroom with snacks
Tuesday: Celebrating Vocations
- Dress Theme: Uniform Dress
- Students will write thank you notes to clergy with their classroom teachers
- Magic of Catholic Schools presentation by Deacon Rob, Diocesan Superintendent of Schools, K-2nd grades at 9:30 a.m., 3rd-5th grades at 10:00 a.m.
- Mass with Bishop Rice, 1:30 p.m.
Wednesday: Celebrating our Faculty and Staff
- Dress theme: Wacky Wednesday! Crazy socks, mismatched/backwards clothing, silly hair, decorated facemask, etc.
- Father Chaz to visit with students and have lunch
- Home and School Faculty/Staff Appreciation Lunch with one-hour lunchtime so teachers may all eat together (parent volunteers cover lunch, recess, or class time). Thank you!
Thursday: Celebrating our Nation and Volunteers
- Dress theme: Patriotic dress in red, white and blue (students and faculty may wear jeans)
- Adoration, Grades K-5 (specific schedule for the day will be given to teachers)
- Post photos of active service members and veterans in our Hall of Heroes- photos due by Friday, January 29th
- Students will make valentines in their classrooms to send to veterans in the NW Arkansas VA Hospital
- End the day with all-school and parent Prayers and Songs at the Flagpole starting at 2:30 p.m.
Friday: Celebrating our Community
- Dress Theme: Missouri Day! Wear your favorite Missouri sports team clothing – professional, college, or JACS! (students and faculty may wear jeans)
- Students write thank you notes to parents thanking them for choosing St. Mary’s for their education (Pastries with Parents postponed until 2022)
- Class Buddies- each class will spend time playing games or reading with an assigned buddy class
Saturday: Celebrating our Families
- Plan something special to do with your family centered around faithful service (make a card for a family member, write sidewalk chalk messages for neighbors, help a sibling learn something new, etc.)
- Post of photo of your family doing something special together on our school’s Facebook page (St. Mary’s Catholic Elementary School) and be entered in a drawing for prizes